Today we are pleased to announce the release of Black Lab Image Creator 1.3, with this release we have fixed the following issues.
1. Ubuntu 14.04 support is complete
2. Mint 17 support is complete
3. kernel wont sync issue - This is due to the filesystem being btrfs during the compilation
4. Deb package now provided
With this newest release you can now build Unity and KDE desktops, here are some issues that need to be addressed and before you file any bug reports please follow these know issues.
- The build system must have an ext4 filesystem. The default btrfs filesystem that Ubuntu uses WILL NOT WORK. You can install your image on any filesystem you wish but the build system MUST BE EXT4. One of our contributors is working on btrfs support but we have no arrival date as of yet.
- If you get a command not found when running blacklabimager you must run the following commands
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/BlackLabImager
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/BlackLabImager-skelcopy
- If you get a home directory size error you must bring the size down below 4 gigs. This is a left over issue from remastersys.
- Your image presents you with a login screen: Leave the user name as is and click on login, no password is necessary
To download Black Lab Image Creator visit our sourceforge page where the .deb and source files are available
Download Black Lab Image Creator